Sunday, 14 July 2013

Well there we are! I made it to the Rally. OK, a few jobs still to do. I didn't get the front wheels painted. Not enough clearance on the rear mudguards (although ajusting the rear shocks may help) but will try and work through the list as time allows. I thought I better post a picture of what it looked like when it arrived.

Thursday, 20 June 2013

Apart from the masking tape leaving its mark on the stripes all worked OK. Paint seems soft even after a few days.Rear wheels have been powder coated and having their 'new old stock' 4.00 x 15 tyres put on. I may remove the front tyres and powder coat these if time permits.

Tuesday, 18 June 2013

A bit of bloom and orange peel but nothing that a good T-Cut won't sort out!

Saturday, 8 June 2013

Nothing like a bit of a deadline to get things moving. I am going to try and get it finished for Woodcote Rally  13th 14th July.
Original red flash lines and yellow nose masked out and painted today. Colours were matched to the original so don't blame me for them!

Sunday, 24 March 2013

Light at the end of the tunnel! Just too expensive for period headlamps, so have fitted these modern ones. They had been painted black so the intention was to paint the bowls to match the body (green) but after removing the black paint decided to leave them chrome, albeit a little scratched....

Sunday, 24 February 2013

A little bit of metal bashing today and now have most of the floor and transmission tunnel made. Still have a bit of work to do on the passenger side to stop feet touching the exhaust! Will also need to get some sort of front bulkhead or it may be a bit draughty at the dizzy speeds it may reach!
Headlamp brackets next and then the wiring.......